<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12608617\x26blogName\x3dA+Hobbyist\x27s+Beekeeping+Adventures\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://apiscomb.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://apiscomb.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-5765773953656610493', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 07, 2008

More Washboarding

The super I added to the Italian hive came from the garage, from a hive which had previous died, and been left to sit out in the elements for a while. I really should have taken a photo of it. It had wax moth casings in it, various bugs that had been around the garage and just dirt covering the formerly white paint. As usual, I scraped out some of the loose casings, repaired a couple frames, and then just bottom-supered it onto the hive. I had expected them to clean it off, but I find it rather surprising that before Monday was even out, the box was completely undecernible from the others. The hive is large enough to be wash boarding to that large extent. Also, there was a large flurry of activity, which I'm guessing has to do with the suddenly available space in the hive. With any luck, I should hopefully be harvesting soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home